- The incumbent is required to perform varied process engineering assignments requiring a familiarity with a range of complex process engineering problems that result in effective process solutions.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard process engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Conduct independent studies and analyses that include interpretations, conclusions and recommendations.
· Supervises the work of senior process engineers, process engineers and designers
- Planning and prioritising of work for the process team
- Provides technical advice (process) to engineers from other disciplines.
- Mentoring junior engineers
- Participates in technical review meetings.
- Participates in or leads site surveys and plant visits to determine constraints in the existing facilities systems or their operations that may influence the overall design concept and process design and layout be able to work with other disciplines recommend the most economical solutions.
Candidates must have a BSc degree (or equivalent) in Chemical/Process Engineering or a related subject with a minimum of fifteen (15) years engineering and design experience.
- Must have excellent English skills, both oral and written
- Experience running software, including:
- Unisim Design/Aspentech HYSYS
- Unisim Flare /Aspen Flare System Analyzer
- HTRI / Aspen Exchanger Design and Rating
- PIPENET Standard module
- In-House calculations sheets for miscellaneous process calculations
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Lead engineers with specific experience in at least one of the following areas are sought.
· Oil refinery engineering
· Oil refinery utilities
· Refinery sour water stripping
· Hydrogen Manufacturing Unit