We are currently seeking a Lead Financial Auditor with substantial experience in financial
accounting (International Financial Reporting Standards – IFRS) and reporting to join our
Internal Auditing Organization. You will be based at our corporate headquarters in
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Internal auditing is an independent and objective assurance and consulting activity
designed to add value and improve the operations of Saudi Aramco. Internal auditing helps
the organization to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined
approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk
management, control, and governance processes.
Internal auditing provides members of management and the Board of Directors with
analyses, recommendations, and information concerning the activities reviewed.
Internal auditing consists of three departments: Operational Audits, Functional Audits and
Affiliates Audits. There are three audit divisions under each department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
▪ Review and analyze financial statements in order to identify areas which should be
assessed as a part of an audit.
▪ Design, execute, document and report on audit testing of financial and reporting
processes, balances, amounts and disclosures.
▪ Identify key business, financial and functional processes for identifying and
assessing current and emerging risks.
▪ Plan, execute, and/or report internal audits to management.
▪ Establish the objective and scope of the audit engagement.
▪ Develop comprehensive risk-based audit programs.
▪ Prepare or assist in preparing audit reports.
▪ Deliver presentations to client’s management at the audit opening and closing
▪ Provide on-the-job training and mentoring to inexperienced or less experienced
▪ Evaluate the performance and capabilities of the assisting staff auditors.
▪ Assurance and consulting activities on internal controls as requested.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or another related field, and preferably
have an advanced degree relevant to accounting and finance.
▪ Minimum of six years of experience working either in external auditing and public
accounting firms in the auditing/assurance practice or the financial reporting
function of a publicly listed company, working with the adoption, application and
presentation of International Financial Reporting Standards.
▪ Hold a Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant designation. Additional
certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor and/or Certified Information
Systems Auditor would be a plus.
▪ Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills in the English
language and excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
▪ Should be flexible to travel within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and/or outside the
Kingdom to conduct audit and consulting engagements.