Roles and Responsibility
- Overseeing the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the incident.
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause & initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions.
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
- Bachelors degree in information technology, engineering, or a related field.
- At least three years of experience working in IT service management or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of IT service management software including ITIL and COBIT.
- Experience working with IT systems and software such BMC Remedy, HP Service Manager, Service Now, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Knowledge in working ITSM tools