Job Title: Help Desk Specialist
Hours: Monday to Friday 4pm-1am
Travel Required: None
Our organization is a fast growing professional services firm that manages Information Technology (IT) for our clients. Our clients are small and medium businesses that usually range between 10 to 100 employees located in the United States. Our firm acts as the IT department for our clients. You will remotely manage and monitor the network for different clients. As Help Desk Specialist, you are responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Typical hours are Monday through Friday from 4pm to 1am local time ranging from 40 to 48 hours per week and available for emergencies. Candidates should possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communications skills in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of systems hardware and software.
The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all information technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks and vendor specific hardware and software.
5 ways we’re going to invest in you
- You’ll be paid very well: We know that’s an important concern with any new job. We pay at the top of the scale because it’s the only way to get the best people.
- You’ll get a career, not a job: Regardless of where you are in your career path, we sincerely want you to be successful for the long-term. We will align this position with your long-term career goals to fast track you on your chosen career path. You’ll get lots of training, professional development, and support from our team.
- You’ll maintain a great work/life balance: We love our work, but we love our families more. So we get our work done to the highest standard, then go home. The better the quality of our work, the fewer emergencies stop us going home.
- You’ll be welcomed into a team of high performers, just like you: It’s important to belong to a team that fits your personality. It makes the work more rewarding and fun. We are a group of high achievers that are focused on creating a world class customer experience in the most positive and upbeat environment possible.
- You’ll do work that matters: We provide mission critical IT services for our customers so they can achieve their business goals. At the end of the day, we do what we do to help people and make the world a better place. We get involved in our community through volunteering and other fun projects.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Team Coordinator to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests if needed
- Responsible for entering time as it occurs
- Understand company processes by completing assigned training materials and blueprints
- Enter all work as service tickets
- Provide backup for other Help Desk Specialists
- On call for after-hours service when required
- Update job knowledge by participating in education opportunities and reading professional publications
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Servers – Windows 2012 Server
- Workstations – Windows desktop OS
- Strong working knowledge of LAN/WAN technology including TCP/IP
Education & Experience
- BS/BA or equivalent experience and training required
- Actively pursuing advanced technical certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, etc…
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)