- Consumer behaviours towards car buying are rapidly changing due to technology driven trends and the disruptive business models. In Al-Futtaim we are on a journey to transform our businesses to enhance value chain and provide relevant and frictionless customer experiences.
- Mission of the newly created new business models and acceleration department (NBA) is to build the portfolio of the future by doing businesses that Al-Futtaim Automotive has not done before by exploring M&A, Joint Venture, partnership and incubation opportunities in UAE and internationally.
- NBA department is responsible for assessing innovative business ideas and potentials, gathering market data, define target companies/businesses and formulize business cases leading into proactive investment proposals.
- Growth Manager is responsible for supporting M&A outreach, conducting the appraisal of new business investment opportunities, including initial financial and business case modelling. This will involve securing the necessary data (from external analysts, consultants, and target/partner companies), shaping, and evaluating business concepts, developing initial financial and business case appraisals of investment opportunities, and working iteratively with partners on a sprint basis to iterate development of the business concept and business case to a state of readiness for internal financial assessment milestones with the finance department.
- This role will work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment and collaborate with internal and external strategic partners to detail out the partnership and financial models. Ideal candidate should have leadership experiences in high growth new business automotive projects and/or start-ups experience.
Key Responsibilities:Explore market data and develop financial modelling and business case:
- Prepare new business sales pitch to be used consistently by the international new business teams across the markets
- Create standard course and fine filter feasibility / business case / valuation template models
- Apply course filter feasibility / business case / valuation test to prioritise investment opportunities
- Apply fine filter feasibility / business case / valuation test to appraise prioritised investment opportunities (identifying key drivers/assumptions, performing sensitivity analysis and providing observations and recommendations)
- Work with teams to refine the business concept / model as necessary evolving the business case to a state of readiness for internal financial assessment milestones with the finance department.
Coordinating the pre-Due Diligence and Due Diligence phase:
- Coordinate the development of the market potential study by reviewing initial assumptions, gathering detailed input from subject matter expert internal departments and accessing the existing data/studies of the priority companies
- Support NBA team in entire evaluation process from sourcing to post completion review of the transaction
- Coordinate working group with the priority companies and relevant internal departments, including Finance, to evolve and finalize a detailed business case, including Capex and Opex requirements
- Build a multiplier effect framework on how to vertically integrate the new businesses to the core and existing AFA operations
- Coordinate the projects sign-off processes/meetings to get internal approval.
- Business or Finance University Degree – MBA highly preferable
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- 3years+ experience in strategic planning, business planning and/or financial controlling responsibilities – ideally within the Automotive industry
- Experience in venture capital, corporate finance or due diligence
- Previous experience in high growth businesses and start-up highly preferable
- Expert in developing in financial modelling and investment business cases
- Cross functional team lead experience
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication with strong ability to network
- Attention to details