What You’ll Be Doing:
- Interface with clients and contractor’s staff to determine and verify project requirements.
- Prepares inspection reports and site records.
- Performs geological tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grades surveys, bolt torques and concrete coring.
- Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
- Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Receive material inspection requests (MIR) from contractor, inspect civil materials delivered at site and report on quantity and technical compliance and sign off requests.
- Prepare/complete the necessary documentation prior to inspection of the works and process accordingly following completion of the inspection.
- Keep, monitor and follow up as necessary and maintain complete record(s) concerning the execution of the works.
- Ensures that the project quality control procedures are used for the construction supervision works and monitors it for improvement.
- Ensure site progress information is communicated regularly.
- Perform all other duties that may be requested by team leadership
- Coordinate the works to ensure successful hand-over of the project
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Degree in Geological Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in civil inspection of land development construction works.
- Knowledge and experience using computer software.
- GCC experience preferred.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required field work.
- Commitment to safe work practices.