Responsible for implementing a diverse range of fundraising activities and projects, researching; recording, and applying grants, ensuring compliance with fundraising and grants strategy; policies, and procedures, identifying funding sources and analyzing specific research areas to provide information regarding external funding opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
• To oversee the implementation of the annual plan for the Fundraising Department to support the overall strategic objectives of the Museum.
• To design and implement strategic development and fundraising projects, as and when required.
• To assist in preparing and supervising the Development and Fundraising Department’s budgets.
• To assist in implementing and maintaining applicable fundraising policies and procedures.
Fundraising and Development Role:
• To identify fundraising platforms and build the project definition sheets accordingly.
• To prepare a hit-list of potential partners in coordination and support of QRF.
• To contact potential partners (from the hit-list) and schedule meetings.
• To prepare proposals and other supporting documents.
• To finalize agreement details with partners.
• To manage current fundraising campaigns and develop a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio.
• To conduct research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information.
• To support in providing a sustainable income by maintaining relationships with current and potential partners.
• To implement a diverse range of sustainable funding streams to support and expand the work of the Museum.
• To prepare reports, presentations and proposals as needed.
• To research and identify grant opportunities based on the project definition sheet and the funding required by The Museum.
• To collect all needed information and documents for the grant application form in coordination with concerned departments.
• To submit applications and, if granted, coordinate with all concerned departments for reporting purposes (Including Education, Marcom, and M&E).
Team Management Role:
• To work closely with, and supervise, the Development Officer.
• To train and evaluate the ability of the Fundraising and Development Officer to execute the assigned tasks.
• To perform other tasks related to the job assigned by the direct manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, social sciences, development or any related field.
• (4-7) Years of experience in a related field
• Excellent command of English; spoken and written.
Native Arabic speaker with good writing and reporting skills
• Problem-solving and analytical abilities.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Follow-up and monitoring skills.
• Organizational skills
• Decision-making skills
• Negotiation skills.
• Planning and scheduling skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivational skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Knowledge of fundraising management
• Knowledge of rules and legislation affecting donations.
• Knowledge of, and experience in, CRM and Fundraising software.
• Proposal and grants writing