Purpose of the job:
- To establish and maintain financial procedures and ensuring compliance to these procedures.
- To assist in managing the daily operational issues related to finance and to meet the objectives set for the company. This includes meeting the internal and external reporting requirements and providing quality information to the management for business decision making.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all finance personnel.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyse costs, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken
- Budget control and management; ensure that all company and departmental expenditure are within allocated budget.
- Monitoring cash flow and credit control to ensure continuous liquidity.
- Lead the implementation of new accounting system and system improvement initiatives.
- Review internal financial procedures and controls and implement new procedures if necessary to safeguard company assets and to ensure all business transactions are being recorded in proper manner
- Train and develop the finance team to their fullest potential in addition to proper work delegation.
- Control and manage all receivable and payable accounts.
- BS in Finance/Accounting, CPA. CMA desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (especially MS Excel) in addition to automated accounting systems.
- Leadership and management skills in the areas of leading, controlling, motivating, delegating, training and developing a team.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and handle pressure to meet deadlines and ensure the timely submission and processing of reports, invoices and payments.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral & written) including the ability of preparing and delivering professional business presentations.
- Administrative skills including the ability of establishing professional filing system.
- Analytical skills including the ability of strategic planning, reviewing projects and conducting risk assessments.
- Minimum of 4+ years in similar role.