Protestant Agency for Diakonie and Development (Evangelisches Werk fur Diakonie und Entwicklung- EWDE) – Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) – with headquarters in Germany, is a humanitarian agency providing funds for emergency aid worldwide.
DKH’s Regional Hub Asia, based in Amman, Jordan, provides comprehensive program support to DKH Program Offices and local partners in the region.
According to DKH’s approach, Emergency Relief, Rehabilitation, and Disaster Risk Reduction projects are implemented mainly through local partner organizations. Currently, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Disaster Risk Management (DRM) projects are implemented in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and OPT/Gaza. Emergency Relief projects linked to the Syria crisis are implemented in Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria in cooperation with local partners.
Area of Responsibility: Finance
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement: primary work location is in Amman.
Starting date: 1 March 2024, or earlier upon availability;
Contract duration: 6 Months (extendable upon work need).
Reporting to: Finance Manager.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Working under the supervision of and in close collaboration with the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant is responsible to undertake the following tasks:
- Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Quality Assurance of the scanned finance documents
- Day-to-day accounting & bookkeeping of the DKH RO financial transactions and ensuring the proper filing of the associated documentation.
- Prepare cheques and transfers, and ensure proper receipt by the appropriate payee and on-time
- Maintains payment records of all invoices received.
- Recording and monitoring the petty cash and conducting cash counts with the cash holder.
- Recording & monitoring closely Office & travel advances (Request, liquidation, payback, book-keeping, etc.…)
- Carries out payments of all regular area office expenses such as office rental, telephone, bills, advances, etc
- Reconcile Bank accounts and other Balance sheet accounts.
- Keep track of the Company’s Asset register in alignment with the procurement officer and conduct periodic physical inspections.
- Carries out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of DKHRO’s work, such as substituting for absent colleagues, etc
- Checking, verifying documentation received, and liaising with others to ensure quality and following relevant DKHRO requirements.
Logistics and Procurement
- Check monthly car & phone log reports and ensure collection of private usage of DKH RO’s staff
- Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks required.
Audit and Compliance Process
- Support the Regional Office Finance Department with dealing with the National Chartered Accountant and auditors to ensure a proper annual closure.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
- Relevant bachelor’s degree (i.e. Accounting, economics, finance, business, management, or other relevant subject)
- 0-2 years of working experience in Administration, Finance, Procurement, and Logistics or a combination thereof.
- Practical experience in QuickBooks is an asset.
- Practical experience in computer systems, network and systems administration, databases, and data storage systems is an asset
- Excellent written English skills and very good spoken English
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities.
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities
- Diplomatic, patient, and persistent personality
- Good team player with outstanding interpersonal and social skills
- Knowledge of Jordanian regulations, procedures, and requirements
The closing date for applications is Sunday- February 4th, 2024.
All applications will be treated confidentially and Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.