Job Requisition ID: 139803
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
As a Data Scientist within Retail Analytics team the role holder will be responsible for select countries/brands to support the overall analytics strategy
What you will do
- The job holder will provide consultative approach, including advisory recommendations to support proposed analytics solutions & possess technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems
- Apply data analysis & statistical techniques to large data-sets related to member behaviour in conjunction with transactional and other interaction data to analyze and interpret actionable insights to drive business results
- Review customer data for trends, patterns and causal analysis to assist brands and divisions in understanding customer behaviour cross brand and category.
- Conduct detailed promo effectiveness analysis to suggest the right promotion/offer by brand
- Perform profiling, exploratory and deep dive analysis on brand’s customer and transaction data to determine quality and usefulness of available information.
- Analyze the results of experiments (e.g. A/B testing for campaigns), presents results to business leaders, and provides advice/recommendations.
- Assists in ensuring data integrity and quality are maintained.
- Performs extensive data processing and analysis tasks on large-scale, on Blue program merging with CRM data
- Support loyalty program level initiatives to monetize data and insights
- Provide a detailed and complete understanding of customer bases across all Retail Brands leveraging the CRM Platform and creating a retail level view
- Perform and support marketing campaign analysis to determine business impacts and design , enhance, and distribute marketing reports that clearly communicate business results
- Identify opportunities to drive customer value through loyalty program activities at Retail and Brand level.
- Provide Marketing and business units with models (both segmentation and propensity) to aid targeting and understanding of customer behavior across businesses and Brands
Required skills to be successful
- Highly proficient and experienced in scripting languages and have rapid prototyping skills, that is, fluency in SQL, Python, R, etc. among others.
- Experience on the Azure platform is desirable. Experience using visualisation tools is preferred including PowerBI and Tableau.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives.
What equips you for the role
- 5+ years of working experience in data science, with at least 3 years as a data scientist
- Proven record of delivering business impact through analytics solutions
- Experience with probability and statistics inclusive of machine learning, optimization, forecasting and experimental design
- Deep understanding of the tools and models required for advanced analytics solutions
- Experience within automotive, retail, real-estate and/or finance industries is preferred
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…