We are seeking a detail-oriented Electronics Engineer to design hardware and firmware for lighting control systems based on LED, Ethernet & PoE technologies, Design work on other electronic components may also be undertaken.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily working on hardware design but may also work on firmware/software or work with dedicated software engineers. Involved in new design projects as well as support to existing production and other areas of the company.
- Carries out detailed electronic circuit design, including simulation and design verification testing of the new design.
- Carries out PCB layout of designs using Altium Designer software.
- Selects new parts, taking into consideration obsolescence, availability and cost. Create designs which involve electronic control of the electrical, optical and thermal
- performance of LED lighting control systems.
- Prepares and presents electronic designs to other members of the design team and project stakeholders at design reviews.
- Documents design work and prepares reports, ensuring design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance with company procedures.
- Follows departmental processes relating to management of designs, and the design and project management processes.
- The Electronics Engineer will also support the Engineering Manager in recording and reporting design progress into the project and management teams.
- Attends training as required, develop skills and knowledge keeping up to date with latest technology.
Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar subject.
At least 8 years Hardware design experience within a relevant industry. A broad range of experience but ideally with strong all round electronic design and software/firmware skills
Strong knowledge of Analogue and Digital Design including microprocessors/microcontrollers, programmable logic, embedded firmware/software, SMPS design, PCB design and design for EMC, Schematic capture, PCB and simulation using Altium designer or similar
Firmware development in C
Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving skills
Excellent communication skills
Excellent written and presentation skills