We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development
The Cyber and Security Platform team is responsible for development of products and services to address the evolving risk and security needs of all of MasterCard’s various customer segments.
The key focus of the responsibilities of this role include the following:
– Work as a Product Owner in an Agile/SAFe team
– Lead and execute strategic projects with key cross-functional stakeholders
Specific to the chargeback industry and practices:
• Expert understanding of card industry dispute processing concepts and practices
• Knowledge of regulatory rules and procedures specific to chargebacks, arbitration and compliance case filing
• Understanding of customer back office chargeback work flows and common theme pain points
• Development of product roadmap.
• Proven ability to socialize concepts and ideas
• Experience addressing dispute processing operational needs
All About You
• Demonstrated success in ownership and product development
• In-depth knowledge of payments industry and payments processing
•Demonstrated business acumen and ability to manage integrated product solutions spanning multiple channels/segments (i.e., issuer, acquirer, merchant, cardholder, local, regional, global)
• Experience with facilitating and coordinating major product and strategic development initiatives for a global organization
• Proven ability to project manage complex projects with multiple stakeholder’s.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.