Destination Manager (Zahid Travel Group – ZTG)
SECTION I: PRIMARY PURPOSE
- Responsible for the handling of all DMC business and operational requirements in the assigned KSA destination, while supporting requirements for any other destinations that may be assigned from time to time.
- Building and maintaining new and existing commercial relationships, through networking, stakeholder management and supplier negotiation, to ensure GoZahid benefits from superior products and services, to generate ongoing improvement in sales and revenue opportunities.
- Manage and build relationships with key clients to ensure GoZahid is positioned as the preferred DMC, with repeat and incremental sales.
- Carefully lead, manage and motivated the team in the assigned roles with high degree of professionalism and leadership. Ensure that standard operating procedures, policies, processes, strategies and directives are designed and strictly implemented with systems in place for a smooth operation.
SECTION II: PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, coordinate and control all assignments including team rostering, scheduling, and working closely with resources to meet the daily operational requirements enabling a smooth operation.
- Monitor market trends and recommend improvements to existing products and/or services offered by the business. Work with rest of management team to develop new products and initiatives, to maintain a competitive edge, support decision making and provide business insights.
- Ensure that the team is fully staffed including recruitment of permanent approved vacancies and a pool of temporary / freelancer staff to manage peaks and facilitate the operations of large groups or special projects.
- Comply with all relevant government body requirements with regards to training and licensing for staff. Create and implement training programmes to ensure that new and existing staff meet the required performance standards.
- Set performance objectives, review progress, and provide feedback to staff within the team. Review and implement procedures to improve productivity and performance. Effectively train, coach and mentor your Team to empower them to deliver incredible holiday experiences and be an award-winning team.
- Effectively manage conflict, performance or conduct issues to a successful conclusion.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with local authorities, senior government officials and suppliers to enhance the company’s image, gain special approval or permission related to the operations and to maintain the business edge over competitors.
- Review and implement the necessary controls to monitor safety procedures by suppliers in order to (i) minimise the company’s exposure to accidents and potential liability; (ii) comply with strict overseas consumer protection laws; (iii) further improve the business image as a leading DMC.
- Provide logistical support for any large Groups /incentive projects from start to finish.
- Analyse information based on statistical data and make recommendations on day to day and broader issues to ensure that productivity and customer service levels are enhanced. Use gainfully all information provided to forecast requirements for resources (staff/vehicles/equipment) in conjunction with service providers to ensure seamless guest services at all times.
- Maximise revenue opportunities though the sales of excursions/experiences in-destination. Sales targets will be set, and performance monitored on a monthly basis to ensure that revenue targets are achieved. Participate and support with all business performance requirements from budgeting and forecasting, to driving sales.
- Influence and negotiate as required with the in-destination service providers to support business requirements of all internal departments (Customer Experience Centre, Luxury, Business Development, Corporate etc.) and establish smooth operations.
- Ensure all financial handling and reporting is timely and in line with ZTG Finance requirements. This includes ensuring all petty cash records and cash sales
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
- Diploma or University Degree in Travel, Business Management, or any related course.
- Must be aware of DMC industry standards and market trends that includes competitors’ activities.
- Must know the KSA destinations and understand the International Tour Operator Industry.
- Must have contact with key partners and establish strong links with stakeholders.
- High level negotiation skills and is comfortable in dealing with top level executives. Proven experience in negotiating the relevant contractual conditions for DMC services.
- Proven excellence in operations management, with a strong track record of sales target achievement.
- Familiar with safety requirements, procedures, government regulations, ensuring international best practices.
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character, with ability to lead teams effectively, and work well with colleagues.
- Flexible with ability to work across functions when required.
- Should be available on call 24 hours to respond to any operational requirements or emergencies.
- Demonstrate strong computer literacy skills specifically MS Office Application i.e., MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Fluent English, Arabic proficiency will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Min. 10 years of relevant operations experience including managing a team.