Key Accountabilities/ Execution:
- Manage the operational aspect of the temporary import/permanent activity into any repair facility or GE factory
- Prepare and submit temporary import requests to customs and ensure approval is granted on time
- Apply for temporary import extension when required if the period exceeded the allow temporary import timeframe
- Submit requests for border change if the export will occur through a different border than the entry one
- Collect export shipping documents and ensure serial numbers match, prepare bank guarantee recovery letter, and submit file to customs to recover the bank guarantee amount for the payable amount of duty and VAT upon import
- Daily follow up with the different customs borders for the submittal of new files and recovery of previously submitted ones
- Request recovery reports from customs and reconcile them with the company records.
- Manage disputes and issue resolution with customs in case of mismatches or discrepancies in the documents, or the serial numbers of the exported parts
- Escalate to Senior Customs Operations Manager any issues or requests from Customs authorities
- Follow EHS directives and/or warn others to follow them
- Immediately report any incidents or near misses to the direct reports and EHS department
- Immediately shut down the operation if it endangers life or a risk of serious injury is present
- Further tasks not involved in this Job Description that the immediate leader/manager assigns verbally or in writing
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering/ supply chain or any other related discipline from an accredited college/university or Technical Institute.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the customs domain with a maximum of a total 4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated compliance mindset
- Experience in temporary import process & bank guarantee recovery
- Strong working knowledge of English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Driving license
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to batha , Salwa , Riyadh or Jeddah.
- Strong knowledge in customs processes
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge, experience, and instinct to make accurate and timely decisions
- Demonstrated ability of working with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong computer skills (must be competent in MS Excel, Power Point and Visio).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills