- Responsible for assigned customer accounts for the entire order life cycle (from new customer set-up, order entry/modification, escalations; responsibilities might include logistics management) to ensure orders are shipped to agreed deadline.
- Act as the single-point-of-contact to customers, parts distribution centers and/or manufacturing plants and cross functional departments to process and fulfil customer orders; providing accurate documentation and continual communication to customer throughout the process.
- Take ownership of and resolve complex customer inquiries through extensive research, a detailed understanding of processes, systems, and practices; provide timely and informative responses.
- Request support from the next appropriate level of customer support for complex escalations/issues providing documentation throughout the process.
- Maintain accurate records of all internal and external interactions in the appropriate database/system.
- Ensure customers comply with export polices and ensure required export/shipping documentation is compiled to the relevant legislation.
- Act as liaison between the customer and aftermarket and/or manufacturing location for quality issues.
- Support Supervisor with hosting customer visits at local facility.
- Prepare and distribute standard and customized internal and customer reports.
- Understand Customer Order Management policies, procedures and metrics.
- Support Customer Order Management departmental goals and initiatives to become a more proactive customer support organization.
- Participate in/lead process improvement projects.
- Responsible for KPI creation for monthly measures.
Requires some work experience and intermediate level knowledge obtained through training or on-the-job experience in customer order management, account management or in the supply chain field.