We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
As a Reservations Agent, you will contribute to the growth of the rooms and accommodation business, maximizing occupancy and revenue, through proactive selling and effectively converting enquiries into sales. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Sell the hotel products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques.
• Promote the Hotel’s (and IHG generally) products and services.
• Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls.
• Prepare and execute action plans which increase reservation sales and associated business.
• Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email.
• Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions.
• Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions.
• Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates.
• Prepare reports as requested (e.g. to travel agents, business houses etc)
• Prepare reservation sales reports
Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of 2 years experience in Reservations role in a four or five-star hotel or comparable industry, ability to demonstrate working with and engaging teams from different cultures, strong verbal and written communication skills along with being quality oriented with focus on details, high performance standards, able to multi-task & meet deadlines and technical proficiency in related software.