1. Key holder responsibilities include opening up and closing down and ensuring the café is secure at all times. Setting up and closing down the café each day.
2. Report on a weekly basis, or as otherwise agreed, to the Retail Manager on all relevant issues or general concerns.
3. Attending team, front of house and staff meetings as appropriate
4. Willingness to attend training as appropriate, including Basic Food Hygiene and Health& Safety training and refresher training as appropriate.
5. Barista Training to be on going, including the development of team members and refresher training as products develop, to the chosen Coffee suppliers Barista standards.
6. The café supervisor oversees the front of house assistants, and acts as the coordinator with the kitchen.
7. To support the Catering Manager to manage staff rotas, hours, holidays and wage sheets.
8. Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation daily. Staff training on till operations, and implementing till and pricing updates with the Catering Manager. Prompt and accurate cashing up at the end of the day, and transfer of money into safe.
9. To assist with the ordering and storage of food, beverages and cleaning products liaising with the Catering Manager on any additional stock changes or requirements.
10. Stock take as requested by Traded Services. Maintain adequate stock levels of snacks, drinks, crockery and disposables.
11. Immediately inform your line manager of any financial issues that arise whilst working. Ensure all relevant staff adheres to current financial policies.
12. Be responsible for the smooth running of the café during events this will include catering, hosting and late night opening, working with Operations team and Café and Events Manager.
13. To be professional, polite and well presented whilst providing and maintaining excellent customer care at all times.
14. Ensure that the coffee shop is sufficiently stocked to meet demand, stock awaiting sale is kept at optimum condition and wastage is minimised and recorded.
15. Ensure the coffee machines are in good working order and maintained on a regular basis.
16. Ensure compliance of the coffee providers marketing and drinks preparation guidelines and ensure all items such as sugar, milk and spoons/stirrers are always available.
17. Maintain a clean and tidy shop/cafe area. Including clearing of tables, floors and waste areas
18. Assist the Catering Manager with the effective promotion and advertising of shop services activities and products, completing all required paperwork.
19. Ensure the daily and weekly cleaning schedules are completed to a high standard.
20. Assist the Catering Manager in achieving the daily sales targets.
21. Supervise deliveries, including the checking of delivery notes and verification of delivered goods. Notify Catering Manager of any price rises that are notified with the delivery of goods.
22. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities required at any time
- Good level of numeracy in order to carry out cash handling duties and bookwork.
- Good level of literacy in order to carry out bookwork, place orders, stock control and other clerical duties in connection with the post. Experience of working in a café / food environment.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene, Health and Safety regulations and their application in a café / kitchen.
- Barista trained Must be alert and able to react in case of emergency.
- Communication & Team Work A sense of responsibility to the café ethos and to that of the organization Ability to be diplomatic, approachable and sensitive to the needs of others Knowledge of good customer care practice and experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Ability to communicate face to face, by telephone and in writing People Management Able to train, guide and lead other staff members
- Experience of supervising staff Work to promote mutual respect and good relations To be committed and sensitive to ensuring equality of opportunity in service provision and employment practices Work Related Circumstances
- Willingness to comply with the City Council’s nonsmoking policy. Must be flexible to meet the needs of the service.