Main Job Purpose:
The main purpose of this position is to provide technical support to sectors and Departments of ENNRA in terms of regulatory activities and laboratory equipment required for ENRRA’s regulatory inspection activities and processes, in line with ENRRA’s Integrated Management System.
- Provide technical support to various sectors and Departments of ENRRA using measurement devices to perform their functions.
- Conduct required measurements and analysis.
- Provide technical assistance in reviewing and evaluating the regulatory aspects related to the work of ENRRA.
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Apply the specific procedures of quality assurance and quality control to maintain the efficiency of the laboratories and the scientific equipment in a constant and continuous state of readiness.
- Ensure timely delivery of requested support including documentation and reports.
- Provide expert assistance in the field for the deployment of new or customized Destructive Analysis instruments or special DA measurements.
- Under the supervision of the Department Head, contribute specialized expertise to the definition of user requirements, and to other elements related to the development and deployment of innovative instruments and measurement techniques, fulfilling the requested needs.
- Enhance the functionality of DA equipment through usability testing, maintenance and calibration.
- Prepare quality controlled technical documents, testing and calibration procedures for equipment, and trip reports that detail the deployment, repair, design or calibration of DA instruments.
- Carry out other similar tasks assigned by the Head of Department.
- BSc. in Analytical Chemistry.
- Relevant experience of not less than 5 years in organic and/or analytical chemistry, with special emphasis on the analysis of Nuclear materials; practical analytical experience, e.g. controlled potential coulometry, potentiometric titration, K-edge X-ray absorption or fluorescence analysis and absorption spectrophotometry EDX, ICP, and alpha spectroscopic is a strong asset.
- In-depth knowledge of analytical chemistry, especially as applied to principles and practices with respect to plutonium, uranium and other actinides.
- Strong expertise in the chemical treatment of nuclear material samples, especially with regard to uranium and plutonium.
- Awareness of (ISO 9000) family of Quality Management Systems Standards is preferable.
- Professional computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of English language (Oral and & Written) (oral and written).
- Practical training/ certificates in the field is preferable.
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Planning & Organizing
- Commitment Quality & Continues Improvement
- Scientific/ Technical Credibility
- Crisis Management
- Attention to Details
- Knowledge Sharing & Leaning