We are currently looking for Biomedical Engineer/Technician who will provide overall technical support for the installation, troubleshooting, repairing and maintenance of medical equipment, imaging, scientific, physiotherapy and medical gas. He will support patient diagnosis and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating and repairing biomedical equipment. The Biomedical Engineer will also be responsible for performing operational and safety testing on all clinical equipment as well as assist other clinicians and staff on the proper usage and maintenance of biomedical equipment. Responsibilities of the job includes:
- Prepares detailed technical specifications to the procurement and support for special equipment to be installed.
- Responsible of installation of all biomedical equipment and confirms that all the machines & equipment installed in the hospital are as per all international & manufacturer and MOH safety standards.
- Deals with companies and suppliers of medical equipment and spare parts, compares them and follows the medical and service contracts to report it to the hospital administrator as per the Head of Biomedical Engineering instructions.
- Ensures quality control for all used medical equipment in the hospital as per international safety standard and provides application training to equipment users.
- Conducts daily maintenance check for all biomedical equipment, takes immediate actions on maintenance requests received and collaborates with the maintenance supervisor & technician teams.
- Provides input as per guideline on the preparation of policies and procedures addressing standard supplies of all biomedical equipment.
- Responsible of any medical equipment taken out of the hospital for maintenance, keeping the coordinator informed.
- Keeps all Bio-medical testing equipment and follows up the calibration as per manufacturer recommendations.
- Purchase of equipment’s (which includes inviting quotations/tenders for purchasing new equipment’s/machines & preparing comparison chart for the same).
- Writing specifications for all the new equipment’s & machinery.
- Inspection of incoming equipment & machinery and doing pre-acceptance checks before official acceptance & payment.
- Maintaining records; for e.g. equipment history.
- Arranging for training programs for personnel in clinical engineering department as well as the end users.
- Advising & providing expertise to the medical staff & administration.
- Maintaining equipment inventory for all existing & incoming equipment’s.
- Active involvement in the activities of the hospital’s safety committee & checking safety hazards.
- Monitoring contract services keeping record of the Spares/consumable items.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, biomedical science, or a related field.
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills