To optimize the Retail Food E-card programme by providing insights into the market and implementing market development activities to improve access, price, quality, and service to WFP beneficiaries.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Retail, the Retail Associate (Marker Analysis & Field Coordination) will be responsible for managing the following activities:
Conduct market analysis to optimize retail network and Food E-card Programme
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidance for conducting a gap analysis for the retail network based on Programme Targeting results, ensuring sufficient coverage of retailers across Lebanon to serve beneficiaries; review regularly to enhance the process.
- Plan and coordinate all Shop Assessment exercises with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the Field Offices (FOs) the selection recommendations of new retailers.
- Produce monthly reports and market analyses to understand how market trends could affect WFP retail operations
- Escalate any issues or risks to management and propose mitigating factors as needed
- Work closely with programme team to ensure any adjustment to food e-cards programme can be implemented (scale-up, moving beneficiaries to another region, etc.)
Implement Market Development Activities to improve access, price, quality, and service
- Work on initiatives to improve the purchasing power of beneficiaries
- Set up and reviewing the SOPs and guidelines for mandatory range prices, price index calculation and evaluation & escalation.
- Create a price index and mandatory range of prices for retailers to abide by to ensure beneficiaries have access to the cheapest prices
- Follow up with FOs on the implementation of any follow up activity in accordance with developed mandatory range and price index SOPs
- Implement the Action Plan and Capacity Development Activities for Retailers
- Develop SOPs and guidance for retailers’ development activity; review regularly to enhance the process.
- Coordinate with the relevant units the regular evaluation of retail network
- Place retailers who are not meeting WFP standards on Action Plans to improve their performance
- Monitor and follow up on the implementation to measure the progress of the retailers under action plan.
- Coordinate with FOs to ensure timely delivery of training to retailers
- Report the outcome of Action Plans along with the recommendations to the head of unit and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop new training packages for retailers to improve their performance
- Conduct Supply Chain Mapping and optimize suppliers for WFP contracted retailers
- Map the Supply Chain of key commodities and their main suppliers
- Implement preferred suppliers programme to increase purchasing power for WFP retailers that can be passed onto beneficiaries
- Link retailers to preferred suppliers
Act as main focal point with Retail Associates in the field to coordinate their work
- Coordinate with Field Offices to plan their weekly tasks, split amongst day-to-day work and special projects
- Coordinate the implementation of any initiatives or new project with relevant stakeholders (VAM, FOs, Retail CO, etc.)
- Consolidate information from various field offices to report on progress of initiatives (ex. Action Plan, Capacity Building, Pilot projects, etc.)
- Perform other duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in business management, economics, supply chain, retail, or other related field is a plus.
Experience: At least Seven (7) years of experience in the field of retail, category management, especially in grocery or food. Experience with sales, negotiating, partnership and management experience is a plus
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with procurement practices
- Knowledge of retail sector, shop management, and retail standards
- Good organizational, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to coach and train others, ability to influence a team
- Good knowledge of data management and analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint)