Partner with the business to understand their needs and operating environment in order to transform business requirements into solutions exploiting IT capabilities and focusing on business satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the related Head of Unit or his/her designate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Capture, analyze and document (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards and strategies.
• Communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
• Baseline and track business requirements through to implementation ensuring efficient management of change.
• Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
• Establish and maintain close partnerships with business counterparts to effectively meet their needs.
• Manage the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to ensure effective knowledge management.
• Manage alignment of IT service levels with SLAs for solutions or services focused on the business needs. Conduct survey on business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
• Manage estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, problem and issue management to ensure the effective delivery of IT solutions.
• Adhere to processes, procedures and templates for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Has analyzed major technical issues of projects and formulated recommendations.
• Has participated in the analysis and re-design of business processes or applications.
• Has conducted cost-benefit analyses to support project management.