To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer and the overall guidance of the Head of HR Unit, the HR Associate will perform the following responsibilities:
• Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients
• Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
• Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures to support improvements in HR services.
• Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
• Review and compile a variety of data on contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
• Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures. As such, the HR Associate will support the HR Unit in the implementation of the recommendation of the recent organizational alignment and the global staff survey.
• Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
• Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g., employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
• Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g., contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
• Coordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards
• Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
• Perform other duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree or post-secondary certificate in HR Management is a plus.
Experience: At least six (6) years of experience in the HR field. Experience in a humanitarian organization or multinational company is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Fluency in another UN language is a plus.