An Azure Architect is required for a Global IT Vendor for their office in Dubai, UAE. This a contract role for a period of 6-12 months, these projects are recurring and with multiple different clients in the UAE.
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Azure (AWS is a plus) using industry best practices.
- Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Work closely with the Development and Operations teams to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process. This will include and not limited to Azure database migration technologies and refactoring options.
- Work closely with product owners, to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
- Application rationalization, scoring, mapping dependencies and define roadmaps to support the application migration
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems
Qualification and experience
- 4 years of proven experience with cloud infrastructure (VM, SQL, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway and Azure AD)
- On-premise infrastructure (AD, DNS, VMWare, Hyper-V, Load balancer, firewalls, routing)
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Azure and 3rd party monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management
- Microsoft Certified Azure Architect Expert a plus
- Candidate must have ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)