We encourage you to challenge yourself, to show how much you can grow and how far you can go. Everyone who joins us can expect access to first-class learning driven by the path you want to take. Great start with our onboarding programmes; diverse training methods to suit all learning styles and access to hundreds of learning courses through MyLearning – our global learning platform.
1. Assists in the production of the annual Revenue Plan in conjunction with Executive Committee members, Sales and Marketing budgets and forecasts.
2. Assist in the production, implementation and monitoring of action plans to ensure Revenue Plan objectives are achieved through the areas of the Sales force.
3. Procures new and repeat business for the hotel by monitoring contact with airlines, travel agencies, commercial houses, private clubs and professional associations within local, domestic and international markets. Maintains contact with planners, corporate accounts incentive buyers, airlines and wholesalers, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications.
4. Creates and implements special programs to achieve greater productivity through: • Increasing average rate • Increasing occupancy • Increasing business volume during difficult periods • Increasing local food and beverage banqueting sales.
5. Ensures the hotel is represented as an active member of the local community through association membership.
6. Coordinates sales and promotes business for the other IHG hotels within the region. Interacts with worldwide regional sales offices with particular attention to local office. Keeps strong working relationships with counterparts from the immediate region.
7. Plans and executes sales trips to major market areas.
8. Directs all sales activities for Sales Managers to ensure they meet the goals of the Revenue Plan.
9. Ensure that the training needs of the department are identified within their area.
10. Carries out personnel related duties to include but not limited to: interviewing, induction, appraising, coaching, counseling, and where necessary, disciplining to ensure staffing and productivity as appropriate.
11. Meets guests from major producers/organizers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction.
12. Organizes and attends major sales/PR related functions within the hotel.
13. Carries out any reasonable request made by management.
14. Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, schedule in-house group activities, location and times.
15. Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions, in conjunction with the department heads, to best expedite these situations. 16. Conduct Management Development and Performance Review for all sales managers and office manager.
17. Prepares written communication/visual presentations as required by head of department.
18. Assists in the creation and distribution of promotional programs to increase hotel revenue.
19. Assists the DOSM with the Revenue Room tasks and is responsible for the proper compiling of the competition and segmentation boards.
20. Set goals for each sales manager to achieve revenue plan objectives.
21. Build relationships with internal and external customers to gain their commitment and support.
22. Understand the agendas and perspectives of others to establish mutually beneficial objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in hospitality or related field, and 3+ years’ total experience in a catering setting or related field, with direct supervisory experience over a sales/catering team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.