Toby’s Estate Coffee Roaster is seeking a motivated area manager to oversee stores throughout Dubai. The successful candidate will have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, as well as a proven track record in meeting sales and revenue targets. We’re looking for a professional who has experience managing teams and maximizing productivity. The ability to work independently is essential. The successful candidate will be ready to build long-term relationships with stores in the region and ensure quality consistency across each individual location. Priority will be given to those with experience in the hospitality industry of over 3+ years in a similar position.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
· Must be highly-motivated with a positive attitude
· Experience of pre-openings for new coffee outlets or restaurant
· Willingness to adapt change, champion new ideas and being creative
· Formulate fruitful business development strategies to ensure long-term success
· Report to senior executives on progress and issues on a regular basis
· Evaluate performance using key metrics and address issues for improvement
· Deal with problems by providing creative and practical solutions
· Ensure compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines
· Undertake sound financial management to ensure stores are profitable and stay within budget
· Leading multiple store teams to drive customer service standards
· Provides on-going coaching and performance feedback to staff members.
· Assigns daily tasks to staff and ensures that the tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner while maintaining high standards of customer service.
· Manages the maintenance of inventory level within guidelines established.
· Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all safety standards.
· Lead all aspects of retail operations such as merchandising, sales, customer service, inventory, personnel and payroll management.
· Communicate with clients on a regular basis.
· Ensure quality consistency across the region.
· Maximize sales and profitability in the region.
· Set standards and objectives for different stores and departments
· Optimize and oversee operations to ensure efficiency
Qualifications & Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a district or area manager of multi-unit operations.
· BSc/BA in business administration, retail management or similar field
· Good knowledge of MS Office.
· Knowledge of business procedures and functionality.
· Willing to travel.
· Proven track record of meeting sales targets
· Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics and principles
· Sound understanding of optimization of store operations and standards for success
· Working knowledge of ERP software
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
· Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
· Strong business acumen with a strategic orientation
· Excellent problem-solving abilities
· Extensive coffee knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
· Reliable with strong sense of responsibility plus problem solving ability.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Knowledge of administrative aspects of store operations.
· Basic computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technology systems.
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to write reports & standard of performance manuals.
· Be able to work well under pressure and motivate the team around them.
· Be enthusiastic, knowledgeable and resourceful, with an eye for detail.