Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by the Medical Staff By-laws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provide the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Check and examine the patients admitted to the ward, to carry out the appropriate investigations and report the results to senior colleagues.
- Attend the out-patient clinic when required for educational purposes as well as to assist in taking the patient’s history and examination under the supervision of senior colleagues.
- Assist his senior colleagues in performing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures as required.
- Perform some procedures without direct On-site supervision such as; Insertion of central line, Arterial lines,
- Diagnostic peritoneal lavage, Chest tube insertion, Insertion of PA Catheter (applied for junior residents only).
- Broad-based knowledge related to contemporary health care issues and their impact on the provision of services.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in the chosen medical specialty.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.