As a welding fabricator, you will be responsible for joining metal (SS, MS, AL) using a variety of techniques, often to form new structures. Duties may include cutting and welding materials according to technical plans.
- Carrying out gas metal arc welding (GMAW), to manufacture items and components
- Cutting materials into the required shapes, checking dimensions and thicknesses
- Welding or joining metal and other materials into a wide range of structures
- Following engineering plans, drawings and instructions
- Using computer programmes to design structures
- Operating tools and machinery and welding equipment
- Inspecting and testing welds with precision measuring instruments
- Dismantling metal structures
- Cleaning tools, equipment and work areas
- Wearing safety clothing and using protective equipment
- Working on a construction site or in a workshop.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of engineering and technology
- Ability to work with your hands
- Basic maths and design skills.