- Maintains animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries.
- Determines the nature of disease or injury by examining pets and small animals.
- Restores Pets and small animals health by treating animals surgically or medically.
- Prevents rabies, brucellosis, and other disorders by testing animals and providing inoculations.
- Promotes health of small animals by advising animal owners about sanitation measures, feeding, and general care.
- Documents actions by completing and updating forms, reports, and animal records and reporting diseases to public health officials.
- Enhances clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Completion of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- State license to practice in the profession
Veterinarian Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Basic safety
- Documentation skills
- Customer service
- Performing diagnostic procedures
- Use of medical technologies
- Job knowledge
- Verbal communication