- Understands automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features.
- Cultivates buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers and suggesting trade-ins.
- Turns customers into buyers by matching them with their ideal car.
- Qualifies buyers by understanding their requirements and interests and matching these interests to various car models.
- Demonstrates vehicle features and takes customers on test drives.
- Demonstrates automobiles by explaining warranties and services.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections, asking for sales, negotiating prices, and completing sales and purchasing contracts.
- Provides sales management information by completing reports.
- Assists with the setup of the showroom and displays.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Enhances dealership reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- An associate’s degree or a high school diploma.
- A proven track record in motor vehicle sales would be advantageous.
- A professional appearance, friendly manner, and positive attitude.
- The ability to be competitive while maintaining the client’s best interests.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service and negotiation skills.
- A passion for sales and customer satisfaction.