Transport Planner | AL Futtaim Logistics | Abu Dhabi
Overview of the role:
Primary responsibility is to is to plan and organize all movements of Automotive stock units to and from all UAE sites, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction, whilst maintaining optimum levels of operational efficiency at minimum cost
What you will do:
- Maximize SAP in all day to day transport planning activities to maintain system integrity and exceed customer service level expectations.
- Have a clear understanding of customer lead times and required KPI’s, with commensurate execution.
- Ensure maximum fleet utilization and resource control, whilst maintaining optimum levels of efficiency.
- Monitor fleet running costs and fuel consumption.
- Identify areas requiring improvement; develop plans to rectify shortfalls and implement accordingly.
- In conjunction with QA Team, reduce accidents and damage across the supply chain, paying attention to new units delivered by Car-Carrier and Road Traffic Accidents with Heavy Vehicles.
- Carry out regular Toolbox Training with Heavy Vehicle Drivers to maintain a high standard of vehicle handling and driving standards.
Required Skills to be successful:
1.- Customer management
2.- Strong analytical and communication skills
3.- Timely Resolution
4.- Proficient in Microsoft Office
About the Team:
- Senior Operations Manager and primary responsibility is to plan and organize all movements of Automotive stock units to and from all UAE sites, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction, whilst maintaining optimum levels of operational efficiency at minimum cost
What equips you for the role:
- Diploma / Bachelors
- UAE valid license category 3
- 2 years experience within a similar role (Transport Planning, Warehousing)
- Good communicator at all levels, logical thinking, and planning ability
- Results – oriented, with decision-making and problem solving-abilities
- Report- generation experience with MS Office skills required