We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Internal Job Description :
Job Title: Train Control System Engineer
Reporting To: Domain Lead – TCSE EDU
- Validating the TC&IS Development, Configuration, Validation and Management Plan application.
- Achieving the specified software quality requirements detailed in System Engineering and TCMS Software Quality Plan and informs the team members of their associated responsibilities.
- Ensuring the quality on all domain of his/her project (Schematic, Apparatus, Software…)
- Managing the design planning and the achievement of the Design/Verification reviews in all step of the Design For Quality cycle
- Delivering all TC & IS Engineering outputs including, TCMS Software, Electrical Schemes and Electrical Products definition (with the support of Electrical Lead Engineer), in compliance with the Engineering Quality Cost Delay commitments.
- Managing interface and ensure follow up of sub-systems (electrical components, PACIS, CCTV, Multimedia, TCMS)
- Ensuring standardization and maximize the carry over with previous project
- Supporting Industrial and Manufacturing areas during First Train Assembly
- Supporting Commissioning and Validation area during First Train tests
Accountable for :
- Formulating a design solution that fulfils the specified customer requirements by defining the architecture and performances of the TCIS subsystems and functional studies he/she is responsible for, maximizing the re-use of service-proven design patterns
- Preparation of Customer Documentation on TCMS and PACIS Solution
- Defining the applicable TCMS configuration (low voltage scheme, apparatus, and software version) with the Train System Engineer, Train Design Engineer, Project Engineering Manager and its team.
- Contributing to the return of experiences on his/her domain (Software, Schematic, Apparatus)
Knowledge & Expérience
- English language
- Rolling stock functional engineer experiences on several train functions
- Work package and Team management experiences
- Hands-on electrical and schematic design activity
- Hands-on experience in design & development of model based control systems using application tools like Control Build, Matlab / Simulink, Matrix or similar tools.
- Knowledge of network topologies and interfaces for Serial, Ethernet, MVB and other industrial communication network.
- Communication abilities
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.