This role is an intermediate level role responsible for ensuring transactions are processed accurately and on time in coordination with the Transaction Services team. The overall objective is to manage Document Scrutiny for the Trade Operations team, apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge to reach solutions and ensure deliverables are completed efficiently and accurately.
This function will be assisting Various Countries within the region – accordingly the candidate should be flexible for Shifts working and Sunday working.
1. Processing standard
a. Processing of day to day transactions as per local operating procedures.
b. Delivers as per Service Level Agreement at all times. Ensure service quality is maintained
c. Understand customer requirements & Enhance client experience through various initiatives.
e. Ensure issues & exceptions are reported, tracked and resolved timely
f. Ensure Client escalations and inquiries are investigated and responded appropriately.
g. Adhering to the latest compliance /Sanctions / FATCA/AML policies and guidelines.
h. Sound MS Excel operations and accounting skills
i. Flexible working hours / days, as per country requirements
j. Managing send site expectations via phone call / emails for query resolution / clarifications
k. Sound understanding of various trade products like: LC / Guarantee issuance/ confirmation /payments and have had experience and team Management of Document scrutiny team. (Expertise in UCP, ISBP, URC, URDG, URR)
l. Strong knowledge about the Commodity market
2. Risk and Control
a. Adhere to internal policies to ensure compliance with legal parameters as well as company policies and procedures
b. Assist unit for audit preparation and necessary actions for clean audit results
c. Create robust risk management control by continuous review of Operating procedures, highlighting potential risk areas and implementation. Boost teams Risk Management by continuously ensuring that the adequacy of oversight, and quality & effectiveness of risk management is consistently high
3. Migration and Project management
a. Support/ participate in new/ongoing projects/migrations and ensure smooth cut over with minimized risks – internal and external
b. Assist in developing and maintaining training database, training materials, and trackers for the migration
c. Support training for new staffs. Ensure training and parallel run are well planned and executed without impact on delivery
d. Participate in cross functional projects at unit level to maximize Productivity & Create effective Backups.
e. Helps in Continuous Review of operating procedures and highlights risks in processes and puts mitigating controls.
4. Revenue and Cost management
a. Give suggestions or participate in process improvements and cost improvement initiatives.
b. Identify opportunities , Deliver Productivity benefits and meet team’s Financial plan
5. Team & Stake Holder Management
a. Ensure the team & Self provide the best productivity to meet SLA targets
b. Assist the team manager in building strong, cordial and positive work environment. Motivate all team members to work collectively as a team.
c. Maintain team’s performance metrics to track defects, productivity.
d. Takes personal responsibility for identifying relevant training resources continuously to improve product and process expertise.
e. Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of other team members
Other Job responsibilities.
1. Participate in broader product initiatives & projects.
2. Participates in all process automation deliverables
3. Coordinates with various teams and Supports to performs UAT, wherever required.
4. Review service quality, production systems, and client reporting within cash and trade operations
5. Analyze complex and variable issues to resolve issues and ensure team deliverables meet performance and quality expectations
6. Serve as backup to the Cash and Trade Operations Senior Manager
7. Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• 8-10 years of experience in a related cash and trade operations management role.
• Proven experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
• Effective verbal and written communication and analytical skills
• Document Scrutiny experience mandatory
• Expertise in UCP, ISBP, URC, URDG
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Operations – Transaction Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting