To develop and enhance the relationship between IT and business stakeholders, by acting as the primary interface between IT and assigned business function and managing expectations and satisfaction levels, in order to ensure the accurate understanding of business requirements and to provide IT solutions that support effective achievement of business objectives.
IT Business Relationship Management
• Liaise with the IT users of the assigned business function to understand and capture current & future operational business needs in order to facilitate effective system development.
• Guide the business in gathering detailed lists of business requirements by interacting directly with end users and external stakeholders while proactively advising them on trends and potentially value-adding technology developments to meet their business requirements.
• Inform business proactively and coordinate and drive effectiveness of IT service delivery in the assigned business and ensure the IT services meet business needs and are delivered in accordance with agreed service standards.
• Develop and enhance relationships with business, actively managing expectations and monitoring satisfaction levels in order to maintain a healthy working relationship between IT and business.
Project Management Support
• Analyse end user requirements, in liaison with business and concerned IT teams, in order to define appropriate solutions in the form of proposed new projects.
• Assist the business in developing projects / initiatives, including defining project objective, conducting cost benefit analysis, determining operational feasibility and estimating project timeline in order to facilitate the development of a comprehensive business case.
• Validate business requirements against incompleteness, deviations from architecture standards, feasibility, consolidate and evaluate project proposals and forward to superior for review.
• Keep business up-to-date on project progress, SLAs, helpdesk status, etc. through weekly / monthly updates in order to ensure business satisfaction. Work with appropriate bodies and monitor progress for request prioritization and approval
• Manage the coordination between business and IT in case of complaints and take appropriate action including escalation, for timely resolution.
• Conduct post implementation reviews in order to ensure that the delivery is in accordance with the business expectations.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices in order to facilitate cost optimization and productivity improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Statements and Reports
• Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate departmental statements and reports to meet CBQ and department requirements, policies and standards.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment
• Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 6 – 8 years’ relevant experience in experience in IT with exposure to system development and analysis and testing, including at least 2 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities. And experience in Retail as a domain.