Review and coordination of all engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
– Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
– Lead, by example, the team of multi-disciplinary Section Chiefs and engineers by delegating work according to specialism, project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
– Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
– Attend progress and technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
– Take part in project and risk management reviews.
– Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
– Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
– Manage the Technical Office teams on Technical and Department issues.
– Supervise the review and approvals of shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
– Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works
– Review the contractor’s List of Deliverables (Submittal of Drawings, design and Materials) as well as ensures the compliance with the contract and project requirements.
– Liaise with the project control manager on the performance measures related to the technical part.
– Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the various engineering packages.
– Support review of subcontractors’ invoices, when required for technical assistance.
– Documenting project issues/conditions.
– Monitoring, coaching and developing the Section Chiefs and Engineering team members.
– Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
– A degree from an internationally recognized University in Engineering.
– Minimum of 20 years’ post graduation working experience
– Considerable amount of experience as Design Manager / Engineering Manager /Technical Manager in managing and leading a multi-disciplinary engineering and design review team
– The capability to deal daily with a multi-cultural work force.
– Fluency in both verbally and written English.
– Arabic proficiency is mandatory in reading, writing and speaking.