Technical Lead – Retail Delivery | Group Technology & Digital Platform
Overview of the role
The Technical Lead will optimise the business and its operating model for assigned portfolios in line with the Business and IT strategy and forge resilient and trusting relationship with senior business stakeholders including Managing Directors and EIT Directors/GMs to enable valuable contribution to business to be enacted. Lead the business & IT strategy across (projects, service, risk) for the entire line of business & ensure financial competency is achieved across all IT business related activity by managing the IT spend, as well as ensure through governance that the best vendor solutions are adopted.
What you will do
- Work within governance structure (Business & EIT) to govern and prioritize the business IT demand, fully aligned to business strategy and target operating model maturity
- Act as business integration point for IT Service Delivery, SLA agreement, major Service Incident Management and Service Improvement for assigned portfolios
- Build a strong partnership with business leadership and other key stakeholders to become fully integrated in decision-making and driving business strategic priorities
- Collaborate with the relevant tribe leads and chapter leads to facilitate the conceptualization of solutions
- Support development of business cases, operating model changes, solutions, business buy-in; and integrate in planning and budgeting cycles and demand management process
- Work with LOB Director, Tribe resources and Project managers to ensure that assigned projects remain on track
- Ensure business benefit delivery and benefit optimization from demand cycle and actively promote results with the business
- Oversee a lean, skilled and fully engaged team working in a matrix structure; working with matrix leaders to plan and prioritize workloads, set objectives, input into annual appraisals and support individuals to continually improve their performance and results.
Required Skills to be successful
- Significant retail experience with experience in leading & managing transformation initiatives
- Very strong communication skills and change management mindset
- Exceptional proven influencing skill at C level, managing senior management expectations and concerns
- Ability to manage own schedule and adjust priorities and structure time in a fast-paced environment.
What equips you for the role
- Degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering/Science, preferably management training (MBA, etc.)
- 10 years IT Experience, having 5-10 [Vertical] Business experience; 2-3 years management experience
- Retail/Automotive/Finance/Treasury/Insurance/Banking/Real Estate business knowledge.