- The primary duty of this role is to focus on Infrastructure storage. The role will require a technical experience in technologies such as NetApp, HPE and Vmware and other infrastructures. This includes the setup and configuration of storage volumes and LUNs, assignments of new hosts to SAN network. It also includes configuring systems components. Completion of periodic reports related to capacity management for infrastructure. Apart from these, the additional duties include:
- Be on On-Call (24×7) rotation to respond to GOSI availability incidents and provide support for the other operation teams.
- Installation and configuration of data protection server software and related components.
- Establishing replication relationship and optimizing performance to meeting RPO/RTO of GOSI between locations.
- Understanding of network routing and firewall requirements related to the technologies mentioned to ensure our storage, backup, and replications operations using its own dedicated backup infrastructure.
- Respond quickly and effectively to SAN, storage, backup, or replication issues and outages.
- Good documentation skills.
- Provide recommendations to improve the design and reduce cost.
- Creation of reports for management and related clients.
- Has experience working in a large storage environment with formal change management practices.
- Experience with Remedy, NetApp, Brocade preferred.
- Must be detailed-oriented with good organization skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Additional knowledge in storage, backup, or replication is desirable.
- Knowledge of encryption of the backup environment is preferred.
- Plan and participate in the growth of GOSI’s infrastructure.
- Skill Requirements:
· Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
· Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
· Technology Design — Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
· Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
· Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
· Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
· Professional-level certifications related to NetApp, Veritas, or Veeam.
- Professional Experience:
· Essential: three (5) years of experience in the same position.