Manages connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets.
- Provide computer network services and support which include installation, configuration, removal, relocation and repair the data cabling, data equipment, local Area Network accessories, workstations, fileservers, etc to ensure meet expectation within time frame.
- Maintains effectiveness of servers and servers backup are performed in a timely manner and available on demand to ensure business continuity in case of any disaster
- Installs, customizes and troubleshoots operating system to maintain business functions, such as applicatons server, database servers and file server.
- Downtime of Servers
- User Satisfaction Score
- High requirement of planning/ organizing
- Deals with important data and sensitive equipment
Communication and working relationships:
Daily verbal/ written/ phone communication with his team and users
Communication as needed with other departments
Job latitude / decision making authority:
- Works under general direction from direct manager
- Formulates/ proposes documented policies, procedures and work processes
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA’s):
- Degree (or higher qualification) in Computer science – Necessary
- Accepted qualification in networking (CCNA preferred) – Desired
- ITIL certified – Desired
- Sound knowledge of upgrades, licensing and support mechanisms, Windows environment (Domains, Web Servers, Proxies, CISCO Routers, Firewalls etc), SUN Solaris environment
- Management knowledge of Microsoft products (Client OS, MS Office, licensing, upgrades)