- Travelling to sites, when necessary.
- Taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish legal boundaries.
- Employing specialized equipment, including distance measuring wheels, GPS, and geographic information system (GIS) devices to measure boundaries and contours.
- Performing mathematical calculations to determine and confirm surveying measurements.
- Marking and delineating boundaries and reference points on a property or section of land.
- Researching and consulting historical maps and surveys, as well as legal documents, relating to the property or section of land they are measuring.
- Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
- Presenting data to clients and preparing reports detailing legal boundaries and other relevant information.
- Collaborating and working with project managers, construction crews, and government agencies, when necessary.
- Knowledge of building and construction
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Able to use your initiative
- Analytical thinking skills
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Thinking and reasoning skills