Overview & Responsibilities:
Our requirement is structural / Civil Engineer to work in engineering department on EPC projects.
· Responsible for preparing and review of structural / Civil engineering deliverables such as Calculation, Design drawings, Material take off and other information. Support Estimation, procurement and construction departments with material take-offs, scope of work for subcontractor. Review as built drawings and assists with collection of design information required in project. Verify existing site condition.
· Develop detailed design & proposal design for Structural / Civil related scope of work for projects in compliance with the applicable standards and procedures for Aramco, Sabic and Sadara.
· Prepares and reviews Structural / Civil engineering deliverables such as studies, design drawings and documents, material and equipment specifications.
· Conduct site surveys and collect all required data prior to start of design activities
· Verification of preliminary client provided data like FEED package/ Detail Design Package, Soil Investigation Reports, vendor documents etc.
· Experience on preparation of Civil/ Structural design calculation using approved
· software’s by client such as Saudi Aramco, Sabic and Sadara.
· Prepare Material take-off, Construction Scope of work, Structural design sketches for 2D drawing production.
· Prepare MRs/TBEs and review of NMRs
· Ensuring Structural / Civil compliance with client specification as well as applicable international codes and standards.
· Informs Project Management Team of any change in scope.
· Prepare design change notification (DCN) report for additional scope of work and take approval from Client.
· Responsible for interface with Client and external third parties related to specialist subject, coordinate meetings and handles responses arising these interfaces.
· Preparation of pre-qualification documents, technical bid preparation and evaluation.
· Provide value engineering for a design project and propose alternative design concept for cost variation or different construction methodology.
· Study and verification of structural integrity of existing structures to install new facilities.
· Study of underground composite drawings for cables, drainage, firewater etc. to ensure the constructability of new facilities.
· Liaising with Local Authorities, Contractors and Concerned Departments.
· Preparation of design report, design drawing, shop drawing & bar bending schedule.
· Provide guidance to designer and CADD operators, Responsible and capable to estimate man hour and material for every aspect of works.
· Resolve of all technical issues during construction and ensure that all the works done on site are in accordance with the issued for construction (IFC) drawings, contract documents and project specifications.
· Preparation of redline drawings and As-Built package.
· Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Experience with approved Engineering Contractor in KSA is required.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited Institute.
· Proven track record in FEED/Detailed Design experience.
· Previous experience with Saudi Aramco/Sabic/Sadara is required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
· Experience on using approved software by Aramco, Sabic, Sadara for structural / Civil.