An ENR Top 100 international contractor requires an experienced Steel Structure Design Engineer to join them on an exciting stadium project in Qatar.
- Prepare reports, designs, and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads, and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyze configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design of steel structural elements for a FIFA stadium project
- Review various designs and design submittals to ensure Compliance with intended purpose
- Attending meetings and workshops with the clients/PMC consultant and design sub consultants.
- Responsible from the design development stage and construction drawings till the project handover.
Skills & Competencies:
- Working experience on stadium project is highly preferred
- Sufficient experience in design and build projects
- Be able to coordinate and oversee an entire project from start to finish.