Our Finance team is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm. We are looking to optimize and expand the finance team and ensure innovative solutions are being consistently applied across E&Y with strong functional capabilities, industry leading technology and a varied range of knowledge.
In this exciting role your primary job responsibility is to help support an expanding finance team, we’re looking for an experienced accountant with very good working knowledge of statutory and tax reporting to join the internal Finance team. You will be working to ensure integrity, accuracy of all financial records and reconciling with our statutory and tax records. To succeed in this role, you should demonstrate proven accounting track in preparation of Statutory financial statements and very good tax knowledge ensuring all our transactions are tax compliant.
Your key responsibilities
You’re likely to spend most of your time assisting the business with financial support and sharing and maintaining accuracy of information that will improve business performance.
Financial & Statutory Accounting:
• Ensure accurate financial reporting
• Review management accounts and make necessary adjustments to Statutory and tax records
• Passing month & year end journals in statutory and tax books for proper reconciliation
• Liaise with external auditors during year end audit and quarterly reviews
• Submission of quarterly and yearly reports
• Regular review and reconciliation of tax GL accounts
• Oversee the daily financial transactions from tax perspective
• Updating and refine client and vendor records with their tax data
• Preparation & reconciliation of monthly VAT return
• Preparation & reconciliation of monthly WHT return
• Reconciliation of social security records with employee’s database
• Annual salary tax reconciliation review
• Organize and prepare income tax return with the proper documentation
• Prepare required documents for tax audits
Skills and attributes for success
• Maintaining your reputation as an authoritative expert by keeping abreast of industry developments, practices and trends