Duties and Responsibilities
– Ensures through his/her actions, either directly or indirectly, that superior quality of nursing care, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the Prince Sultan Cardiac Centre.
– Acts as a role model in providing safe and high-quality patient care.
-Helps in optimizing resources to improve the safety and quality of patient care.
-Competently assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care and treatments.
– Ensures high standards of nursing care are maintained at all times, medical and nursing orders are carried out and that all patients are treated as individuals, within the agreed codes of nursing and religious practice.
– Displays knowledge of critical care nursing theory, practice, policies and procedures and equipment relevant to the specialty.
– Is accountable for professional actions during each span of duty.
– Gives and receives communication on the patients, maintaining nursing records, charts and other documentation, ensuring confidentiality, legibility and accuracy.
– Responds effectively in emergency situations and unexpected circumstances accepting additional workload when necessary.
– Understands and adheres to PSCC policies and procedures.
– Assists with procedures as necessary, anticipating and meeting patient/team member needs.
– Maintains safe custody and administration of medications according to unit and hospital policies and procedures.
– Ensures safety of patients, staff and visitors by maintaining a safe and tidy environment. Reports any deficiencies promptly.
– Ensures safe custody of patient property and valuables in accordance with PSCC policies and procedures.
– Ensures that all incidents are reported to the Charge Nurse/Head Nurse.
-Ensures availability of resources and utilizes them economically.
– Develops and maintains a positive attitude and good professional working relationships with colleagues.
– Participates in unit Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities.
– Is responsible for own learning needs and professional development in conjunction with the Nurse Clinician/Charge Nurse/Head Nurse.
– Completes required unit skills competencies within specified timeframes.
– Attends mandatory and ward-required study programs.
– Assists with the orientation of new members of staff to the unit.
– Aware of and works toward fulfilling criteria for promotion to SNII.
– Able to float to Cardiac Investigations Unit as needed, with support.
– Performs other related duties as required.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
Bachelor in Nursing