The Sr. Wireless Network Engineer (L3) is responsible to work with the vendor/supplier during the project lifecycle to supervise the wireless site survey, prepare the high-level and low-level design documents, and to ensure the design and scope are followed during the implementation.
Scope of work
- Provide strong advanced level wireless network engineering, management and support for the wireless network project team.
- Assist in planning and management of various wireless networks for wireless/mobile apps, devices, systems and services during the wireless network project lifecycle. • Test and documents wireless network and wireless systems connectivity, performance, management, and security attributes and results.
- Plan, design, and troubleshoot wireless and local area network infrastructure including controllers, access points, switches, firewalls, DHCP services, basic routing, radio channel surveys, mobile device requirements, mobile app requirements, RF management tools, network traffic and radio service policies, RF sensor network, and related services during the lifecycle of the wireless project.
- Excellent technical knowledge with the following Cisco products:
- Wireless LAN Controllers (WiSM, 5500, 8500)
- Wireless Control System (WCS)
- Wireless Service Module (WiSM)
- Outdoor & Indoor Lightweight Access Points (LWAP)
- Access Control Server (ACS) and ISE
- AirMagnet (Site Survey tool)
- Switches (6500, 4500, 3750, 3560, 2960) series.
- Must have excellent technical knowledge with the following technologies and protocols: • Lightweight Extensible Authentication Protocol (LEAP)
- Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP)
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Spanning Tree (MST)
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Ability to work with team.
- Customer service skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Organization skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, deadline-driven, complex, team-based environment with conflicting and competing priorities.
- Performs a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
- Investigates, defines and resolves complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in an IT related discipline.
- Must have the following certifications:
o CCIE Wireless
- The following certifications are preferred:
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience of which at least 5 should have been spent in Cisco wireless networks.