Job Description SummaryGE Aviation’s Commercial Engine Operations depends on a variety of analytics to provide prediction and/or early detection of various events; shop visits, anomalies in engine operation, etc. These analytics process data coming directly from the engines as well as other sources. This role will determine requirements and prioritize work that manage and Industrialize these analytics:
As product owner for Analytic Industrialization and Fleet Intelligence, you will be responsible for developing the requirements and roadmap to optimize the delivery of Analytics to multiple business stakeholders across Commercial Engines & Services.
Responsible for working in lock-step with application or domain leaders acting as a senior technical product manager to create a clear strategic direction that will be delivered by the product development team. You will work with the team and deliver a clear and descriptive set of requirements to enable the delivery of product features and functionality. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders including but not limited to: Customers, Process Owners, Enterprise Architects, Application Managers, Development teams and Technical Architects.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
• Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products.
• Shows increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product.
• Routinely collaborates with Data Science, FALI & Fleet Suppor to know customers and understand behaviors.
• Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
• Demonstrates ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing.
• Collaborates with PM for the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
• Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
• Prioritizes continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
• Collaborates with Product Managers/TPMs to decompose features into consumable user stories.
• Engages frequently (50% of the time) with the development team; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions.
• Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit.
• Partners with Service Owners/ Development Managers to ensure healthy development process.
• Applies Agile Methodology.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor’s Degree in with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor’s Degree in with minimum years of experience4years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of software design and coding principles• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making.
• Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No