– Make plans and responsible for developing and buying materials and equipment’s in a timely and cost-effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
– Make sure procurement management policies and processes are implemented in order to ensure that highest level of products are acquired.
– Perform market studies and price forecasting and achieves annual cost savings targets and drive procurement best practices and procedures
– Evaluates and verifies vendor/ supplier offers from a technical and commercial point of view, undergoes price bid analysis, and provides recommendations to management for finalization.
– Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery in full
– To issue the necessary orders of materials after checking prices, delivery dates and lead times.
– Follow up pending issues such as delay with vendors and Project Managers.
– Ensure deliveries and review vendors compliance
– Identify alternate products / materials matching the performance criteria
– Prepare all documents and forms relating to specifications inquiries, purchasing, bid analysis and invoice auditing to ensure uninterrupted supplies of materials and services
– Prepare periodic reports for procurement schedules, and materials/subcontract approval status.
– Maintain an accurate procurement log for future analysis and improvement of the purchasing activities
– Identifies long lead material and schedules purchases accordingly
– Identifies potential problems related to materials for the projects and recommends suitable remedial measures
– Evaluate business opportunities to maximize cost savings, providing the required quality and service and the greatest supplier capabilities.
– Source, negotiate and leverage contracts with large scale suppliers, contractors to gain appropriate savings and service levels.
– Negotiate contracts with Contractors who meet the company’s requirements to secure the most favorable terms of business for the company
– Provides list of approved vendors with to the Finance and other concerned departments
– Conduct local market research for items regularly used by and to prepare records of suppliers and prices
– Coordinate interactions between the function/department/division and the supplier to resolve changes in specifications, pricing or other technical issues
– Coordinate communicating information and documentation with warehouse regularly and on time according to the established policies and procedures.
– Other Tasks as per the requirement of the project and direct manager.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical
- 10+ Yrs of Experience (Preferably in the main construction companies)
- Excellent time & project management skills