The Specialist Database Administration will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7 and provide seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. They will ensure that the databases run efficiently and securely, create, or organize systems to store different data types, such as financial information and customer shipping records. They will also make sure authorized users can access this information when needed.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Builds database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Designs and implements database in accordance to end users’ information needs and views.
- Defines users and enables data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Uses high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimizes database downtime and manages parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provides proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determines, enforces, and documents database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity.
- Monitors database performance, implements changes and applies new patches and versions when required.
- Provisions MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Ensures performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Prepares documentations and specifications.
- Handles common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profiles server resource usage, optimizes and tweaks as necessary.
- Responsible for production support of SQL or Oracle environments.
- Monitors Server and Maintains Plan Development/Configuration.
- Responsible for backup strategy integration and test.
- Responsible for database maintenance plan management.
- In charge of critical events SLA management and first response.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- OCP, MCSD or other SQL certificates
- ITIL v3 Foundations preferred
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding
· Familiarity with programming languages API.