This position is responsible for a variety of professional software level engineering responsibilities. Uses advanced knowledge of software engineering discipline, processes and tools in order to complete and ensure compliance of various project subtasks. May interact with external customers in order to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications. May help to develop and define engineering processes in the COE. Acts as a mentor to lower level Engineers.
- Performs software design, coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process.
- Generally works both independently and collaboratively, on moderately complex aspects of a project with little supervision.
- Uses advanced knowledge of software engineering discipline, processes and tools in order to complete and ensure compliance of various project subtasks.
- May act as a mentor to junior level software engineers.
- Documents changes to architecture, integration and conversion plans and may develop and maintain system and application architecture diagrams.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions.
- Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, productions and acceptance issues.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety
- May perform other duties as required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Dept of Energy “”Q”” level security clearance
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Four (4) years of software engineering experience
- Software Development Methodologies (Scrum, Agile)
- Software Algorithm Development
- Knowledge of Data Structures
- Discrete Logic Design
- Higher Level Software Development Languages – Java, C/C++, Others
- Scripting Languages – Java Script, Python, Others
- IDE Tools – Visual Studio, Eclipse, Others
- Database Schema Development
- Relational Database – Queries, Table Creation
- Windows System Administration and Networking
- Linux System Administration and Networking
- Web Server administration
- Ability in analytical skills, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation and the ability to apply those skills to engineering projects
- Effective communication skills for interacting at all levels of the business, including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Applied knowledge of standard office and engineering desktop systems and applications
- Interest in applied engineering career in a technology or manufacturing business