We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer, Automation Testing – MPG
Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond cash, to achieve that waiting for all delivery teams to help to meet time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
This position will be responsible for driving best practices for exploratory and automated testing within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• This position will drive Quality with Manual testing, Integration testing, User journey automation, browser automation for web applications, API automation, Release sign-off etc.
• Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components. Handling technical communications.
• Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using Rally as management tools.
• Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Web and API, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business, security requirements and established practices.
• Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including defect management, oversight, status reporting, metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
• Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
• Working with development teams, resolving issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
• Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff.
All about You
• Should know about agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as RALLY etc.
• Should know about both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Preferred to have good functional knowledge to cards and Payment Domain.
• Strong knowledge of Selenium Web driver and Protractor.
• Should know about RestAPi, Soap Api automation using RestAssured, ApacheHttp and JsonPath api.
• Should know about Maven, Jenkins, Git.
• Should know about Automation framework design, development for Web application, spring framework and Windows based application.
• Preferred to know about Sonar, Checkmarx.
• Should know about different testing tools like Jmeter, Postman, SoapUI. JMeter strongly preferred.
• Should have knowledge of Linux, UNIX and experience on Database like PL-SQL, PostgreSQL.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution – specific focus on cross browser testing.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
• Should know about Continuous integration and delivery concepts desirable.
• Understand non functional requirements and provide inputs if required to performance engineering team.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills – with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.