Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Social Mobilizer will be responsible for the awareness raising sessions on the segregation and sustainable waste management. S/he is responsible for supporting the project coordinator in overseeing the delivery of the awareness campaigns, “door- stepping” to achieve the behavioral change in the targeted neighborhoods within Sahab municipality, Jordan. In addition to above the responsibility under this position will include ensuring the quality of Sold waste & segregation leaflets, timely implementation of these trainings and distribution activities.
- To ensure successful delivery of environmental & solid waste segregation trainings and awareness sessions.
- With the support of the PM, sustain good communication between ACTED and community
- To represent ACTED activities, project objectives and goals to community and other local stakeholders with support of PM
- Enhance community ownership toward the project by efficient communication, meetings and awareness campaigns
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and design training materials to increase community awareness ownership and participation, through direct contact with project beneficiaries, residents around the project sites, schools & CBOs
- Conduct trainings for the residents of the selected neighborhoods in Sahab
- In coordination with Project Coordinator and in line with donor requirements, ensure a solid community mobilization practices are in place within ACTED project.
- Propose solutions to the specified social issues related to the project
- Close Coordination with other relevant ACTED staff such as Project Engineers, AME, HR, Logistics and security for any specific project issues link with community.
- Prepare weekly reports outlining project activities achievements and next week plans.
- Represent ACTED in meetings with relevant project stakeholders and actors after project coordinator consent. Support Project coordinator in coordination & Communication of project success stories and the impact of ACTED intervention in the intervention area.
- Strict commitment towards construction safety and COVID 19 spread prevention procedures approved by ACTED, MOH &/or MOL.
- Responsible for safe keeping, handling and management of the project resources.
- Ensure successful execution of project Awareness raising sessions on segregation and sustainable waste management
Key qualities / qualifications required
- BSc in related field (relevant field experience can substitute for academic qualifications but not vice-versa).
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related field in an international relief or development setting including team management and liaison with various stakeholders (e.g., local communities, other NGOs, UN agencies).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social mobilization within solid waste management relevant programs.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop high quality training & awareness raising materials & training plan for community residents with different back grounds.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
Applicants should be resident in Sahab area