OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for the design, development, and management of PHP applications and jasper reporting. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. Responsible to design and develop these applications, and coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Support all applications such as moodle, Zoom, etc for the operational activities of the university. Involve in the development of Java-based applications and Support. Manage the database administration for the current databases and Linux OS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
- First and foremost, developing software our users need.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers.
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products.
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring.
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with user interface design, database structures, and statistical analyses.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases MySQL, MsSQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS).
- Strong Functional Programing and modeling skills.
- Experience coding, testing, and documenting Drupal themes – including all front-end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines.
- Experience with mission-critical, 24×7 systems.
- Experience implementing and consuming large-scale web services.
- Experience developing software utilizing workflow or ESB software.
- Experience with professional software development best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies.